Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yay Turkey day!

So the big eat fest begins in less than 36 hours, commence cooking!  I am happy to say that we will be serving here at the new homestead!  I am welcoming the family along with our special guest from KY, Wanda.  
The traditional feast of course, but I am skimping on the pies this year were down to two and not a Pumpkin in site.  I know, blasphemy right?  But no one will eat the damn thing?  Its almost like the cranberries.  After they have been so carefully removed from the "mold" and arranged on a serving dish "schhhhhoopm, plop"  No one eats them?  There will be one small carving off the mold and that's all?     So I voted off the Pumpkin in favor of a deep dish Apple pie with french vanilla ice cream and a peanut butter pie.  Ill let ya know how that goes over. 
I am so looking forward to spending time with the family.  I am fortunate to have room at the house for Karl , Carrie and Wanda so they are bunking in with us for a night, that should be fun.   I will do my best to keep Jake at bay so they can try and get some sleep, but its a crap shoot. 

I have much to be thankful for this year so I wont take one minute of this time for granted.
I wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment